Handy Tips About Leveling Up Quickly in FFXIV
One point that I'd like to put forward here is that this guide is useful to both newbies and veterans. Providing tips on how to level up faster, this guide should also come in handy for those leveling up new jobs or perhaps trying to grind from level 50 - 60.
1. The xp you get from dungeons will really help with leveling up. I know this sounds simple and boring, but the best thing to do is to grind the dungeons over and over again. This will help you out with gear and will boost your level up too. Also there is a challenge for beating five dungeons in a week which will grant a slight bonus xp.
2. Daily Roulettes will be a god send when leveling up, giving a massive exp boost at the end of the dungeons; and if you are level 60, it will also give tomestones of Law and you will also get a nice amount of gil. There is also a challenge that will give you even more exp once you have done three dungeons in the roulette which again provides a nice boost in experience points.
3. Do Level quests. These aren't great for experience points, especially as they take some time to recharge, but they are really good experience even they do take some time. I would say never do the new temple leves until they have been changed because they cost 10 but give less than the amount you would get from the individual quests. This will take longer but it’s a lot more efficient.
4. Do your daily hunts. These can be acquired in the old areas. The new Ishgard hunts start at level 52 and will give you a decent amount of experience points and seals every day. After 52 you get another rank at 54 and 56 which will give you even more seals and xp. You need the seals to upgrade your Law equipment from 170 - 180.
5. Do all the side quests. The side quests reward you with good equipment that will help you upgrade if you have been unlucky in the dungeons. There are an insane amount of sidequests in this expansion so this was my main way to level up. You will spend a lot of time in the churning mists as a result.
6. If you really have to, or are leveling a job under 50, then do FATEs. These give a decent amount of xp (1 - 50) but they become almost useless after level 50. Also do not bother with the coerthas fates and instead go to Northern Thanalan where the xp will be faster and higher than the new area. There is also a new sightseeing log which will give you some experience points, but you need to be able to fly in the areas. Just find an area with a blue glow and do / look out or / pray in the new zones - this is a lot easier than the previous sightseeing log.